Saturday 3 November 2012

Lifeblood Of Football

Source: The New Paper published on 3 November 2012

Die-hard fans of S-League clubs believe Singaporeans have to support the local game.  

Week in, week out, the likes of the Hougang Hools, The Black Sheep (Woodlands Wellington), The Eagles Ultras (Geylang United) and the Courts Young Lions' fan club will be at various stadiums, excitedly willing their favourites on.

Here is an extract about Black Sheep Hussain Razzak:
Creating an "atmosphere" is what Hussain Razzak does at every Woodlands Wellington game.

The 49-year-old has been a Rams faithful since 1998, when he moved to Woodlands.
Boasting a voice like a loudhailer, Hussain can be heard at every Woodlands game, home or away, leading the team's group of fans in chants, songs and banter.
"I enjoy it very much. It helps me reduce stress, keeps me alive and kicking," he said.
"I've been involved in football in the north since the days of (now-defunct) Gilbraltar Crescent, so I've carried that on until now.
"Okay, I might be very loud, and maybe even vulgar at times during games, but after that I'm normal.
"Anyway, I think we need that at games... loud, colourful characters."

** P.S. ALL content used in this not-for-profit blog remain the property of their respective owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment